Pay Me Now or Pay Me Later
If you need to listen to/watch the sermon, click the title above.
Share and discuss any or all of the following:
- What is one of your favorite commercials?
- Do you remember the commercial about the Fram oil filter?
- What was the phrase Pastor Brian mentioned connected to that commercial?
- What is a burden you are willing to share? what is the theme of Proverbs?
- What is most important thing you can get after being saved?
- Why is wisdom so important?
- What from the Notes stands out to you?
- How did past weeks sermon affect you?
- What relationship do you need to work on maintaining?
- Finish the phrase "fail to plan…"
Sermon Notes and Scripture references:
After Jesus, the most important thing you can have is wisdom – the ability to make great decisions.
Knowledge does not equal wisdom
Proverbs is about wisdom – spend 10 minutes a day reading through Proverbs; short sayings.
I went by the field of the lazy man, and by the vineyard of the man devoid of understanding.
- Find successful people and study them
- Find unsuccessful people and study them
- Apply your heart to wisdom
1)Everything you have requires maintenance or slowly dies
Your relationships / Friendships require maintenance or you will lose them
Your relationship with Jesus
Christianity is a relationship with Jesus
2)Maintenance requires a plan
Plan for your body
Relationships – little things mean a lot
Plan for your church - Not a church that meets your needs but a church where you can meet others’ needs.
Give, it will be given unto you.
Plan for your children
Plan for your marriage – Nobody plans to fail. They fail to plan. The greatest destroyer of marriage – no maintenance.
Plan to stay close to Jesus – the enemy takes things away slowly – drifts (as fast as you can move and not know it).
God is the ultimate planner
How do you kill a plant? Ignore it.
3)The great destroyer
The greatest destroyer – the most subtle one is laziness
Woman’s heart – centers around security
Man’s heart – center around adventure, conquer
Passive people will lose everything they’ve got
Fight for Relationships
Coming to church is not enough – you must go after it.